Webinar: Accounts Payable Fraud: Detection and Prevention Essentials
WC4292 | Course | Basic | Scheduled
Do you know why A/P is the biggest risk in small and midsize entities? Join us to learn the simple, zero cost ways to assist you in virtually eliminating the risks involved in your A/P accounting practices. The instructor, Peter Goldmann will cover a wide range of vendor fraud topics and discuss some cases of these types of fraud. A great webinar for understanding and lowering the risks in regards to A/P.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
|Number of Credits||Type of Credits|
CPAs, CFOs, controllers, bankers (only if you want the loan repaid), executives (reduce fraud = more profits), internal auditors, regulators, attorneys, compliance officers, risk managers
Goldmann will explain the risks and show you cases of Accounts Payable fraud including:
- How much is A/P fraud in SMB
- Why A/P fraud is a bigger risk the smaller the entity
- Financial and non-financial warning signs of A/P fraud
- Simple low and zero cost controls for A/P fraud
- Similarities and differences between internal and external A/P fraud
- A/P fraud risks for employee and management level
After this class you will ...
- Know what Accounts Payable fraud "looks like" in your accounting records
- Be able to use simple procedures that minimize employee A/P fraud
- Know how to minimize external A/P fraud
- Know why going to the Post Office is a great control
- What records and information to check to validate new vendors
- How to analyze pricing and competitive bidding patterns to spot fraud
This webinar is provided by CPA Crossings, LLC. After registering for the course, you will receive an email from CPA Crossings with instructions for logging in to the webinar and obtaining your eMaterials.
- Member (Early Bird)
- Non-Member (Early Bird)