Webinar: Delivering Bad News? Don't Be the Messenger Who Gets Shot!
WC4299 | Course | Intermediate | Scheduled
The average CFO's tenure is about three years, while the tenure for other financial positions may not be much better. One cause may be our responsibility to deliver BAD news. Sadly, sometimes the messenger gets shot. How can some people deliver the bad news and actually strengthen their position, while others find themselves without a job?
Many financial professionals believe that, "I just need to know the numbers really well to keep my job." Every day proves this fallacy wrong. How you say it - is often more important than what you say. This session will teach you proven techniques to deliver bad news so that you actually strengthen your relationship with your CEO, Board, bank and management team.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
|Number of Credits||Type of Credits|
|2.00||Communications and Marketing|
CEOs, CFOs, Controllers, Board members, advisers, financial managers, and Consultants.
Some management experience is beneficial
Improving the communication skills of financial professionals:
- What is the message?
- Who will receive the message.
- How to convey the message.
- Formats, timing and approaches.
- Pros and cons of each method.
- How to make the point(s) clearly.
- How to avoid the crucial and common mistakes when delivering bad news.
- Which words to use, and which words to avoid
- Decision criteria to help choose a better approach for each situation.
- How to make this a positive outcome for you.
Understand different methods to effectively convey unpleasant results.
This webinar is provided by CPA Crossings, LLC. After registering for the course, you will receive an email from CPA Crossings with instructions for logging in to the webinar and obtaining your eMaterials.
- Member (Early Bird)
- Non-Member (Early Bird)