Annual Accounting and Auditing Update
199 | Course | Update | Scheduled
Designed for accounting and attestation practitioners at all levels in both public accounting and business and industry, this course provides a comprehensive review of recent standard setting activities of the PCC, FASB, ASB and ARSC. Not only will this course bring you up-to-date on the requirements, it also provides you with many hands-on examples and illustrations to help you apply the guidance in practice. You'll learn about the latest standards, exposure drafts and guidance focusing on issues applicable to accountants and attestation practitioners in public accounting and private industry. This course also includes a discussion of common audit quality issues noted in peer reviews, updates practitioners on the latest developments impacting compilation, preparation and review engagements, and discusses other matters of interest to all accountants.
|Number of Credits||Type of Credits|
Accounting and auditing practitioners at all levels desiring to remain up-to-date on recent pronouncements and other standard setters' activities
Experience in accounting and attestation
- Private company standard setting activities
- Recently issued FASB Accounting Standards Updates
- Revenue recognition
- Other items on the FASB's Technical Agenda
- Recently issued SASs, AICPA and PCAOB activity
- SSARS No. 21, Clarification and Recodification and other recently issued SSARS
- Audit quality issues
- Other important A and A practice matters
- Keep abreast of current private company advocacy activities of the PCC
- Review and apply recently issued FASB, ASB and ARSC pronouncements
- Be aware of various standard setters' agendas, technical plans and project updates
- Understand SSARS No 21 relating to the preparation of financial statements and new guidance on compilations and reviews
- Recall common audit quality issues and concerns
- Be familiar with other important A and A practice matters you should be aware of
- Utilize hands-on examples and illustrations to increase your overall understanding and application of the material
- Member (Early Bird)
- Non-Member (Early Bird)
Robert W. Wells, CPA, CFE
Robert "Wayne" Wells graduated from Austin Peay State University in Clarksville, Tenn. in 1970 with a B.S. degree in accounting and economics.
Wells began his career in public accounting in 1970 with the national firm of what was then Touche, Ross & Co. in Nashville.
In 1974, he joined a local firm in Nashville. This firm provided accounting, auditing, fraud investigations and tax services to small and medium-sized businesses as well as extensive tax services to individuals. After a total of over 45 years experience, today he is a principal with Blankenship CPA Group, PLLC in Brentwood, Tenn.
Wells annually instructs numerous continuing education seminars and in-firm training classes all over the U.S. for the major continuing eduction providers in the areas of accounting, auditing, fraud and taxation. Wells is a recipient of the 2013 Outstanding Discussion Leader Award presented by TSCPA and the 2014 Outstanding Discussion Leader Award presented by the AICPA.
Wells holds a CPA in Tennessee and is also a Certified Fraud Examiner. He is a member of TSCPA, AICPA and the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.Back to Instructors