Federal Tax Update - Individuals (Form 1040)
203 | Course | Update | Scheduled
A Live Stream version of this event is available here.
With the increasing complexity and ever-changing nature of tax laws and issues, today's accountant needs a one-day update course focusing on individual income tax issues. This comprehensive class will not only review the current Federal individual income tax laws but will also update tax return preparers of new tax forms, changes to existing tax forms, as well as tax planning opportunities and pitfalls. This is a "must-attend" course for all tax practitioners who want to be up to speed quickly and have a successful Federal individual income tax filing season.
|Number of Credits||Type of Credits|
Tax accountants in public or private practice in need of power-packed one day Federal individual income tax update course. This is a great course to gear up for tax season.
This session is a comprehensive review of the Federal individual income tax provisions and tax forms/schedules that will affect the 2018 tax returns and 2019 tax projections with an emphasis on newly enacted tax legislation, court cases and IRS guidance. Each participant will receive a comprehensive individual income tax reference manual that includes numerous practice aids, real world examples, new Federal income tax forms and schedules, and the Phoenix Beach Quick Reference Chart. Topics include but are not limited to:
- Detailed coverage of the individual income tax provisions of the Tax, Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) including but not limited to the 20 percent qualified business income (QBI) deduction, changes to the income tax rates, kiddie tax computation, AMT, personal exemptions, itemized deductions, child tax credit, NOLs, business loss limitations, interest deduction, accounting method changes and income exclusions
- Look at any changes to the Form 1040 and other related schedules and forms
- Cover issues related to the various taxes (i.e. income, capital gain, self employment and alternative minimum tax (AMT))
- Review changes to depreciation, itemized deductions, adjustments to income, passive activities and tax credits
- Understand the major Federal income tax laws impacting individuals
- Identify and comprehend any newly enacted legislation, changes and IRS guidance affecting individual income tax returns
- Member (Early Bird)
- Non-Member (Early Bird)
J. Patrick Garverick, CPA, MT, CFP
Pat Garverick is a Certified Public Accountant who currently lives in the Phoenix, Arizona area. He began his career in public accounting in 1988 after obtaining his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) in Accounting from The Ohio State University. After receiving his Master of Taxation (MT) degree from Arizona State University in 1992, Mr. Garverick began operating his own tax and financial planning business. He also started writing, reviewing, and teaching tax and financial planning continuing professional education courses around the country.
In addition to being a CPA, Pat is also a Certified Financial Planner (CFP®). This role serves to enhance the knowledge he brings as he writes and presents continuing education material. Mr. Garverick is a member of the Arizona Society of Certified Public Accountants, and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. Pat has presented continuing education sessions throughout the country and has won awards for both his skills as an instructor as well as for the content he has created. His knowledge, expertise, and high energy have made him one of the profession’s most highly rated speakers. He is in a very small group of instructors that are both extremely knowledgeable and interesting.
During his time in college Pat earned a letter as a member of the Ohio State Basketball squad. He remains a stanch supporter of the sports programs at his alma mater.Back to Instructors