Live Stream: Real Estate Tax Boot Camp
130 | Livestream | Intermediate | Scheduled
This course is a `deep dive' into all things real estate tax related for the mid-level practitioner moving into this complex area. You will deepen your understanding of the complex considerations and strategies that individuals must navigate in acquiring, holding, managing, constructing and disposing of real estate. You will leave the course able to navigate critical issues associated with the relevant returns and plan strategically for your company or clients. We will discuss the impact the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act has had on the real estate industry.
|Number of Credits||Type of Credits|
CPAs who do or will advise clients or their company on issues related to the acquisition, holding, management and disposition of real estate
Some experience preparing tax returns involving real estate holdings
- Installment sales
- Rental operations
- Depreciation and recapture
- Determination of basis
- Passive activity losses
- At-risk rules
- Like-kind exchanges
- Calculation of gain or loss on sale of real estate
- Learn how to determine the taxpayer's basis in the property
- Learn the rules of real estate development
- Learn how the IRC taxes rental operations
- Understand the complex rules of depreciation, bonus depreciation and Section 179
- Learn how to calculate gain or loss on the sale of real estate
- Understand the at-risk rules
- Understand the passive activity rules
- Understand the like-kind exchange rules
- Member (Early Bird)
- Non-Member (Early Bird)
Robert M. Gilwee, CPA, MS
Robert M. Gilwee, Jr. is a partner in the accounting firm Grandizio, Wilkins, Little, & Matthews, LLP in Towson, Maryland.
He has more than 30 years of practice experience in taxation. His background includes assistance in resolving tax-structuring issues using LLCs, S corporations, and other entities.
He is a frequent discussion leader on a variety of taxation topics. He received the Top Manuscript Award from Coopers & Lybrand and he is a member of the adjunct faculties of several colleges in his area.
In 2015 and 2016, he received the Surgent Outstanding Discussion Leader Award because of his consistently high evaluations for knowledge and presentation skills.Back to Instructors