Annual Tax Update: Individuals and Sole Proprietors
337 | Course | Update | Scheduled
Get ready for the upcoming tax season! This comprehensive course presents what's new and what has changed in the federal individual income tax arena. It brings you up-to-the-minute guidance on the latest tax legislation, court decisions and IRS pronouncements. Gain practical insights and valuable tax-saving strategies from AICPA's seasoned tax professionals who know what the new laws, rules and court rulings can mean for real-world taxpayers. With the ever-changing tax laws and their increased complexity, you can't afford to miss this course!
A Live Stream version of this event is available here.
|Number of Credits||Type of Credits|
Tax practitioners in public practice and industry that need to stay on top of the latest changes in federal tax law for individuals and sole proprietors
Familiarity with federal tax issues for individuals
- Latest tax legislation, court rulings and IRS pronouncements related to individuals and sole proprietors
- Practical return preparation tips
- Latest developments for pass-through entities that affect Schedule C and Schedule E
- Tax-saving ideas
- Unique insights into new planning strategies
- Latest IRS rulings impacting individuals
- Latest developments on estates, gifts and trusts
- Depreciation and amortization
- Identify and recall how to comply with the latest requirements resulting from federal tax statutes, regulations, cases and rulings.
- Use new planning ideas for individuals and sole proprietors resulting from recent tax changes.
- Member (Early Bird)
- Non-Member (Early Bird)
William F. Taylor, CPA
Bill is President of Benefit Solutions, Ltd., a benefit consulting firm, and a CPA in private practice. Since retiring as Community Bank President of Renasant Bank in Water Valley, MS. he has served as an Adjunct Assistant Professor in the MBA program at the University of Mississippi. Bill has worked in the employee benefit and investment fields for over 20 years, beginning his career as the Employee Benefits Coordinator in the Jackson, MS office of KPMG Peat Marwick and managing his own firm since 1999. A nationally known consultant and speaker, Bill has conducted seminars for the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants, the American Society of Pension Professionals and Actuaries, more than 40 state CPA and Bar associations and other organizations. Bill is the author of Taxation of Employee Benefits Volume I and Volume II, and his articles have appeared in numerous publications. Bill has been the recipient of the Association's Outstanding Facilitator Award on multiple occasions.Back to Instructors