2022 Federal Tax Update with Don Farmer
420 | Course | Update | Scheduled
Join top national tax instructor Don Farmer for his popular Federal Tax Update seminar and receive a thorough overview of current year developments and planning ideas affecting individual, corporate and business income taxation. Using his signature combination of humor and examples, Farmer will provide you with all you need to know about tax developments affecting 2022 tax returns and planning, as well as 2022 legislation and important regulations, rulings and court cases.
A Live Stream version of this event is available here.
|Number of Credits||Type of Credits|
Individuals having one or more tax seasons and a general understanding of individual, corporate and business income taxation who are involved in the preparation and/or review of individual, corporate, and business income tax returns or who provide tax planning advice to individuals and businesses.
The course format is designed to update CPAs with various levels of experience.
- A review of the latest new law provisions affecting 2022 returns
- A review of any late-breaking 2022 tax legislation
- Final regulations applicable to tax years beginning on and after Jan. 5, 2021, outlining the proper treatment of inventories and use of the cash method for taxpayers with average gross receipts of $26 million or less and new 2022 Rev Proc providing rules for automatic changes in accounting methods (including changes in accounting methods to comply with these new regulations)
- New regulations modifying the required minimum distribution (RMD) rules for 2022 to comply with SECURE Act changes
- New life expectancy tables for determining 2022 RMDs
- IRS ruling explaining when vacation home rentals are subject to S/E tax
- New cases determining FBAR penalty calculations
- New pro-taxpayer hobby loss case
- Election for Partnerships and S corporations to pay state income tax at entity level and bypass federal SALT limitation
- Other new tax cases, rulings and regulations expected to have the most significant impact on individuals and businesses The presentation will emphasize tax planning opportunities resulting from these recent developments.
- To review major developments in federal income taxation for individuals, corporations and other businesses having the greatest impact on participants, their clients, and their companies.
- The course will emphasize developments affecting 2022 returns and tax planning, including any new 2022 legislation, important regulations, rulings and court cases.
- The seminar is designed to update participants concerning 2022 tax developments, emphasizing practical solutions to problems and tax planning opportunities.
- Member (Early Bird)
- Non-Member (Early Bird)
Don Farmer, CPA, PA
Don Farmer is the President of Don Farmer, CPA, PA.
Don was formerly a Tax Partner with Deloitte & Touche in charge of the tax practice for their five Western North Carolina offices.
In 1984, he resigned his position as Partner and created Don Farmer, CPA, PA in order to devote most of his time to writing and lecturing. He also consults with other CPAs around the country concerning tax matters.
Each year, Don writes and presents many CPE programs across the United States. He has made presentations in over forty states.
Don has also contributed articles to nationally known tax magazines.Back to Instructors