Webinar: Government and Nonprofit Frauds and Controls to Stop Them
WS1399 | Course | Intermediate | Scheduled
George Washington once wrote, "We ought not to look back, unless it is to derive useful lessons from past errors, and for the purpose of profiting by dear bought experience." The cost of fraud, dearly paid by governments and nonprofits, is too severe not to learn and profit from. In this course, we will look back at real-world government and nonprofit frauds and derive useful controls to stop them. The course materials utilize a highly illustrative and innovative format. Over 15 focused exercises are included to provide an enhanced working knowledge of fraud and anti-fraud controls to both auditors and industry professionals.
|Number of Credits
|Type of Credits
Auditors of governments and nonprofits and industry professionals interested in preventing fraud
Basic knowledge of the government and nonprofit environment
- Examine real-world misappropriations of cash, check frauds, vendor scams, credit card abuse, grant frauds, benefit schemes, inventory thefts, and payroll frauds
- Consider and develop controls to stop fraud
- Tailor controls to the size and fit of the government or nonprofit
- Identify common frauds occurring in governments and nonprofits today
- Skillfully develop controls to combat frauds
- Protect governments and nonprofits from fraud
This webinar is provided by Surgent. After registering for the course, you will receive an email from Surgent with instructions for logging in to the webinar and obtaining your eMaterials.
You may confirm that your computer meets the minimum requirements by visiting: https://www.surgentcpe.com/webinartest/.
- Member (Early Bird)
- Non-Member (Early Bird)