Webinar: Individual and Financial-Planning Tax Camp
WS1404 | Course | Intermediate | Scheduled
Each year brings its own set of tax planning challenges, and this year is no exception. This course aims to arm tax planners with planning strategies and ideas that all clients, but in particular, wealthy clients, middle-income clients, and closely held business owners need to consider right now to take advantage of present opportunities and plan for future tax advantages. Learn strategies that can really have an impact on client lives, while also bringing value to you and your firm. This material is continuously updated for recent legislation impacting individual taxpayers.
|Number of Credits
|Type of Credits
Those involved in tax planning for individuals, including those who may be partners or shareholders
Experience in individual income tax planning and income tax return preparation
- Comprehensive coverage of the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 and the SECURE Act 2.0
- Understanding the environment: what’s new, what’s expired or expiring, and what’s likely to change
- Reading a tax return for developing client-specific tax strategies
- Will there be more changes in the individual tax laws?
- Changes to the lifetime estate tax exemption in light of proposed regulations
- The net investment income tax: planning for compliance
- Family income-splitting strategies that need to be considered
- Income tax issues: impact on timing of other income
- Selling a principal residence
- Use of life insurance to protect families
- Using Roth IRAs and Roth contribution programs to best advantage
- Conversions: do they still make sense?
- Taking distributions: matching timing to client requirements
- Qualified plan contributions to reduce current income and Social Security tax: implications for business owners and self-employed
- Incentive Stock Options and Employee Stock Purchase Plan considerations
- What to do about itemized deductions
- Trans-generational planning: conversions, income, and gain-splitting
- Tax benefits of HSAs
- Recent case law, as applicable
- Identifying tax opportunities: reviewing the prior-year return to develop a plan for the future
- Planning for middle-income taxpayers: financial planning for the young, the working, and those approaching or in retirement
- Mine a tax return for tax planning with a client
- Understand the planning implications of the current environment
- Determine the best tax strategies for retirement
- Understand tax planning for the middle-income client
This webinar is provided by Surgent. After registering for the course, you will receive an email from Surgent with instructions for logging in to the webinar and obtaining your eMaterials.
You may confirm that your computer meets the minimum requirements by visiting: https://www.surgentcpe.com/webinartest/.
- Member (Early Bird)
- Non-Member (Early Bird)