Business & Industry Fest: Annual FASB Update and Review
111 | TSCPA In Person Events | Intermediate | Scheduled
Designed for practitioners and their staff, whether in public accounting or business and industry, this course provides an overview of recent FASB accounting and reporting developments.
The course begins by reviewing recent Private Company Council (PCC) activities and recently issued Accounting Standards Updates (ASUs), analyzing guidance that has a major effect on all industries, including those covering revenue recognition and leases. Special attention is given to standard setters' activities that affect small- and medium-sized entities. Examples and illustrations provide hands-on application to help you assess and implement the new standards and guidance applicable to your practice and clients.
|Number of Credits||Type of Credits|
|4||Accounting and Auditing|
Experience in financial accounting and reporting
- Private company standard setting activities * Recent FASB Accounting Standards Updates (ASUs)
- Revenue Recognition -- Topic 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers, and its related updates
- Topic 842, Leases
- Other recently issued FASB Updates
- Be aware of recent private company standard setting activities
- Review the latest FASB Accounting Standards Updates (ASUs)
- Understand and apply the FASB’s comprehensive new Revenue Recognition guidance -- Topic 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers, and its related updates
- Understand the new lease accounting guidance found in Topic 842, Leases
- Recall key provisions of recently issued FASB Updates
- Member (Early Bird)
- Non-Member (Early Bird)
Robert W. Wells, CPA, CFE
Robert "Wayne" Wells graduated from Austin Peay State University in Clarksville, Tenn. in 1970 with a B.S. degree in accounting and economics.
Wells began his career in public accounting in 1970 with the national firm of what was then Touche, Ross & Co. in Nashville.
In 1974, he joined a local firm in Nashville. This firm provided accounting, auditing, fraud investigations and tax services to small and medium-sized businesses as well as extensive tax services to individuals. After a total of over 45 years experience, today he is a principal with Blankenship CPA Group, PLLC in Brentwood, Tenn.
Wells annually instructs numerous continuing education seminars and in-firm training classes all over the U.S. for the major continuing eduction providers in the areas of accounting, auditing, fraud and taxation. Wells is a recipient of the 2013 Outstanding Discussion Leader Award presented by TSCPA and the 2014 Outstanding Discussion Leader Award presented by the AICPA.
Wells holds a CPA in Tennessee and is also a Certified Fraud Examiner. He is a member of TSCPA, AICPA and the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.Back to Facilitators