Advanced Controller and CFO Skills
119 | TSCPA In Person Events | Advanced | Scheduled
This course examines best practices of leading-edge controllers and CFOs. Demonstrate your advanced skills that add value and contribute to the success of the organization. You will learn specific skills every CFO or controller needs to be successful, and you will find that you suddenly have more power and influence than you ever thought possible. Show the company's leadership how vital you are to their profitability!
|Number of Credits||Type of Credits|
Previous financial management experience
- Isolate the critical skills and attitudes to be effective in the future
- Become an effective coach
- Development of measurable missions and strategies
- Aligning a firm's strategies with its internal reporting system
- Selling ideas and generating "buy-In" from others
- Recognition of and response to the need for constant change and adaptation
- Developing a tailored action plan suitable to specific needs
- Identify the the critical skills that today's CFO needs to add value to your company and boost your career
- Compare your personal goals with the organization's mission and improve your skills in the key areas needed for success
- Determine how to become a powerful agent for positive change and an advocate and coach for your team
- Identify the leadership skills your firm needs you to have
- Member (Early Bird)
- Non-Member (Early Bird)
Curtis Quickel, CPA, MBA
Curtis Quickel is an individual practitioner in Fayetteville, Arkansas. Before establishing his own practice, he worked several years in industry as a corporate controller.
As a retired Lieutenant Colonel from the U.S. Army Reserves, he taught courses at the U.S. Army Command and General Staff College in Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas. He also completed three combat tours in Iraq, Kuwait, and Afghanistan.
He is a past president of the Central Chapter of the Arkansas Society of CPAs and Past Chairman of the Industry and Commerce Committee. Curt is a past recipient of the Arkansas Society of CPAs Outstanding CPA in Government Award. He has been a Continuing Professional Education discussion leader since 1998.Back to Facilitators