Compilations, Reviews and New Preparations: Engagement Performance and Annual Update
251 | TSCPA In Person Events | Update | Scheduled
Specifically designed for compilation, preparation, and review practitioners and their staff, this course will provide you with a comprehensive review and hands-on application for performing financial statement, compilation, and review engagements. You'll learn the ins and outs of SSARS No. 21, Clarification and Recodification, which is currently applicable and is the most significant change to the compilation and review standards since their inception over thirty years ago, and how this standard is different from SSARS No. 19. This course has practical examples and illustrations to help you effectively and efficiently perform compilation, preparation, and review engagements. This comprehensive resource provides hard copies of all the sample engagement letters, procedure checklists, illustrative reports, and more contained in the Essential SSARS No. 21 Implementation Toolkit to assist you with implementing new SSARS requirements.
|Number of Credits||Type of Credits|
|8||Accounting and Auditing|
Experience in performing and managing compilation, preparation, and review engagements
- SSARS No. 21, Clarification and Recodification
- Changes - SSARS No. 19, Compilation and Review Engagements
- Sample comprehensive engagement work programs for preparation, compilation and review engagements
- Designing and performing procedures to specifically meet each engagement objective
- Reporting and disclosure illustrations for each level of service, including attesting on personal financial statements, prescribed form, special purpose framework and other engagement variations
- Other communication requirements, such as sample engagement letters and management representation letters - highlighting what has changed from SSARS No. 19
- Current ARSC agenda items and projects
- Understand and apply SSARS No. 21, Clarification and Recodification
- Be familiar with compilation and review program examples and disclosure illustrations
- Identify and apply compilation, preparation, and review procedures
- Be aware of the most recent compilation and review reports and other communications
- Keep abreast of ARSC agenda items and projects
- Utilize hands-on examples and illustrations to increase your overall understanding and application of the material
Download course material prior to event.
- Member (Early Bird)
- Non-Member (Early Bird)
Robert W. Wells, CPA, CFE
Robert "Wayne" Wells graduated from Austin Peay State University in Clarksville, Tenn. in 1970 with a B.S. degree in accounting and economics.
Wells began his career in public accounting in 1970 with the national firm of what was then Touche, Ross & Co. in Nashville.
In 1974, he joined a local firm in Nashville. This firm provided accounting, auditing, fraud investigations and tax services to small and medium-sized businesses as well as extensive tax services to individuals. After a total of over 45 years experience, today he is a principal with Blankenship CPA Group, PLLC in Brentwood, Tenn.
Wells annually instructs numerous continuing education seminars and in-firm training classes all over the U.S. for the major continuing eduction providers in the areas of accounting, auditing, fraud and taxation. Wells is a recipient of the 2013 Outstanding Discussion Leader Award presented by TSCPA and the 2014 Outstanding Discussion Leader Award presented by the AICPA.
Wells holds a CPA in Tennessee and is also a Certified Fraud Examiner. He is a member of TSCPA, AICPA and the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.Back to Facilitators