Nashville Account Fest: Meet Your Next Migraine: Five Critical Issues that Will Confront Tax Public Accountants in 2017
311 | TSCPA In Person Events | Intermediate | Scheduled
Tax law complexity. Uncertain legislative outlook. Confidential data under siege. Regulatory confusion. Standards overload. Yes, it can all be enough to make you want to take two aspirin and a nap, but understanding the forces affecting your tax public practice is critical to success in today's complex and rapidly changing market. In this session we will tackle pressing issues at a
need to know' level and then discuss the practical implications. You will come away armed with the big picture.' Preparedness is half the battle, so do not miss this critical briefing.
|Number of Credits||Type of Credits|
Sufficient experience in tax practice to have gained a baseline understanding of key terminology and core issues
- Tax law update: New and newly effective regulations and proposed changes that all CPAs need to know about with discussion of the challenges and risks
- Cybersecurity and ID theft update: What every CPA should know about the current threats and scams to keep their personal, firm, and client data secure
- Roundup of other current and emerging challenges and threats as identified in the leading industry surveys, with implications and discussion of responsive strategies
- Be able to identify the major changes and developments that will confront tax public accountants in their practice this year
- Understand current and emerging challenges and risks as identified in the leading industry surveys
Download course material prior to event.
- Member (Early Bird)
- Non-Member (Early Bird)
John N. Sherrick, CPA, MA
John N. Sherrick is a partner of Sitrick & Associates, LLC in Bettendorf, Iowa. He prepares tax returns and financial statements for closely held companies and their owners. He also provides a variety of income tax, retirement, and estate-tax planning services for his clients. He also serves as an expert witness for business valuations and other tax and accounting issues. He is also a discussion leader for continuing education courses in the tax arena on a national level. John was recognized by the NCACPA as an Outstanding Seminar Speaker for 2013, and he is also the recipient of the 2011 James L. McCoy Discussion Leader of the Year Award.
John has over 40 years of experience in public accounting with local firms. His experience includes a wide variety of tax and accounting issues for small businesses in a number of industries. He also has had experience in auditing and taxation of not-for-profit organizations on the local and national level.
Sherrick received his Bachelor’s degree in Economics and Business Administration from Knox College in Galesburg, Illinois. He then received his Master’s degree in Accounting from the University of Iowa, in Iowa City, Iowa. He is licensed in both Iowa and Illinois and is a member of the Iowa Society of CPAs and the Illinois CPA Society.Back to Facilitators