TEST-8HrSeminar DO NOT REGISTER
9992 | TSCPA In Person Events | Intermediate | Scheduled
How do the leasing requirements in the new standard differ from current GAAP? This course addresses that question by examining the core principles of the new standard, including identification, recognition, measurement, presentation and disclosure requirements. Examples are included to illustrate application of the new standard. This course explains the lessee accounting model, including lease classification, amortization of the right-of-use asset, and interest on the lease liability. This course also explains the lessor accounting model, including transfer of risk, profit recognition, and collectability. Additional topics include short-term leases, purchase options, variable lease payments, and sale and leaseback transactions.
|Number of Credits||Type of Credits|
Experience in the application of accounting standards
- Lease classification.
- Differences between "Type A" and "Type B" leases.
- Amortization of the lease asset.
- Derecognition of the underlying asset.
- Recognition of lease receivables.
- Identify a lease under the new leases standard.
- Identify recognition and measurement requirements of the new leases standard.
- Identify presentation and disclosure requirements of the new leases standard.
Download course material prior to event.
- Member (Early Bird)
- Non-Member (Early Bird)