Webinar: Ethics: How I Went from CPA and Hospital Controller to Prisoner
WC1337 | Partner Virtual Events | Intermediate | Scheduled
Steve Brodzin was Controller for a not-for-profit children's hospital. He supervised a small staff, was trusted by management and the Board of Directors, and relied on that trust and a background in public accounting to take more than $800,000. Today Steve shares his experience to help employers to be more vigilant in protecting assets and to discourage employees from losing everything and possibly going to prison.
|Number of Credits||Type of Credits|
In this interview with Gary Zeune, Brodzin will explain:
- How he rationalized his theft
- The lack of controls and oversight that allowed it to continue
- How he covered his tracks on the general ledger
- How he manipulated banks and set up fake entities
- The consequences for himself and the hospital
- Most importantly, the simple controls that would have detected his fraud earlier.
After the webinar, the attendee will understand <o:p></o:p>
- How a trusted employee can become a thief
- How management can avoid becoming a victim
- Easy ways to detect fraud
This webinar is provided by CPA Crossings, LLC. After registering for the course, you will receive an email from CPA Crossings with instructions for logging in to the webinar and obtaining your eMaterials.
- Member (Early Bird)
- Non-Member (Early Bird)