Webinar: Interview with Ex Big-4 Partner Scott London on his Ethics Violations and Prison Experience
WC1503 | Partner Virtual Events | Intermediate | Scheduled
Scott London was a regional audit partner at a big-4 firm with 500 people reporting to him. Gary Zeune will interview London about how and why he slid down the slippery slope and violated his duty to himself, his firm, clients, the profession, and, most importantly, his family.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions either during or after the event.
NOTE FOR OHIO CPAS: The Accountancy Board of Ohio has approved this course for 2 hours of credit towards the required professional standards to renew your CPA license. It does NOT qualify for new licenses. Gary Zeune is an approved ethics instructor at www.acc.ohio.gov/CPE/PSR.aspx
|Number of Credits||Type of Credits|
In this `no-holds-barred' one of a kind interview, Zeune asks London to explain..
- His background and career track with KPMG
- His scheme and how it started
- How he got caught
- Did he think about his ethics training when passing along insider information?
- Did he think he would get caught?
- How did he rationalize what he did?
- Did he ever think about the impact to KPMG and others, like his family? What can CPAs learn from his violations?
- What are the high risk areas for ethics violations?
- Was job burnout a factor?
- How could the firm have prevented his scheme?
- Why was he put in solitary confinement in prison?
After attending London's interview, you will understand how ethical people do unethical things and what safeguards are available to protect yourself and your firm.
This webinar is provided by CPA Crossings, LLC. After registering for the course, you will receive an email from CPA Crossings with instructions for logging in to the webinar and obtaining your eMaterials.
- Member (Early Bird)
- Non-Member (Early Bird)