Webinar: Ethics: Inside Secrets with Former Accountancy Board Executive Director Mark Crocker
WC1768 | Partner Virtual Events | Basic | Scheduled
CPAs never think they'll lose their license, but they do all the time. Gary Zeune will interview Mark Crocker, who will share the insider secrets on how boards of accountancy regulate the profession, including five enforcement situations.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions either during or after the event.
NOTE FOR OHIO CPAS: The Accountancy Board of Ohio has approved this course for 2 hours of credit towards the required professional standards to renew your CPA license. It does NOT qualify for new licenses. Gary Zeune is an approved ethics instructor at www.acc.ohio.gov/CPE/PSR.aspx
|Number of Credits||Type of Credits|
An in-depth look at the inner workings of how accountancy boards work by means of an interview with Mark Crocker, a former accountancy board executive director.
- How boards investigate complaints, including whistleblowers
- The intertwining of accountancy boards and standards setters such as the SEC, GAO, FASB and AICPA
- The risk of work in unregistered firms
- Finding fictitious firm names
- Can you get your license back?
- How boards select CPAs for verification of CPE
- 5 enforcement situations
- Why Crocker's board levied the largest penalty against a CPA - $110,000
- Undue influence over clients
- Violation of professional standards
- Acts discreditable to the profession
CPAs fall victim to the triangle of fraud to rationalize the same mistakes over and over. Learn how and why supposedly smart CPAs lose their licenses for these mistakes.
This webinar is provided by CPA Crossings, LLC. After registering for the course, you will receive an email from CPA Crossings with instructions for logging in to the webinar and obtaining your eMaterials.
- Member (Early Bird)
- Non-Member (Early Bird)