Analytics and Big Data for Accountants
121 | Course | Basic | Scheduled
A Live Stream version of this event is available here.
Analytics is the new force driving business. Tools have been created to measure program impacts and ROI, visualize data and business processes and uncover the relationship between key performance indicators - many utilizing the unprecedented amount of data now flowing into organizations. In this course you will discuss leading-edge topics in analytics and finance in a session that is packed with useful tips and practical guidance that you can apply immediately.
|Number of Credits||Type of Credits|
CFOs, controllers, treasurers and other financial managers
CFOs, controllers, treasurers, and other financial managers
- Evidence-based techniques for finding or generating data, selecting key performance indicators, isolating program effects
- Relating data to return on investment, financial values and executive decision making
- Data sources including surveys, interviews, customer satisfaction, engagement and operational data
- Visualizing and presenting complex results
- Deal with major trends in predictive analytics, optimization, correlation of metrics and big data
- Interpret and manage new trends in analytics techniques affecting your organization
- Utilize new tools for data analytics
- Critically interpret analytic reports and advise decision makers
- Member (Early Bird)
- Non-Member (Early Bird)
James T. Lindell, CPA, MBA
James T. Lindell, CPA, MBA
Thorsten Consulting Group, Inc. /Dousman, Wisconsin
James (Jim) T. Lindell is the President of a Wisconsin based provider of strategic & financial consulting, professional speaking, training, and executive coaching. Jim has an extensive background in senior management including positions as Chief Financial Officer and Corporate Assistant Controller. Jim has worked with a variety of industries including: manufacturing, health care, not for profit, distribution and food processing. He has been involved in more than 40 M & A projects.
James Lindell is a Certified Public Accountant with public accounting experience at several local and regional accounting firms. He is a TEC Chairman (The Executive Committee). He is a member (and instructor) of the American Institute of CPA's and the Wisconsin Institute of CPA's and a member of Wisconsin Chapter of National Speaker Association.
Jim is the author of the AICPA course “AICPA’s Annual Update for Controllers”, “Targeting the Bottom Line: Taking the Guesswork out of Financial Management”. He is a contributing author of the AICPA course “The Fast Close, Soft Close, Virtual Close? Now Days not Weeks”.Back to Instructors