Compilations, Reviews and Preparations - Engagement Performance and AnnualUpdate
211 | Course | Update | Scheduled
Specifically designed for preparation, compilation and review practitioners and their staff, this course will provide you with a comprehensive review and hands-on application for performing financial statement preparation, compilation and review engagements. You will learn the ins and outs of SSARS No. 21, Clarification and Recodification. The course will also cover the changes that have occurred with the issuance of SSARS Nos. 22 and 23 with regard to compilation of pro forma financial information engagements, engagements on prospective financial information, as well as in other areas relevant to SSARS No. 21 engagements. Lastly, the course will perform a detailed review of the key provisions of the recently issued SSARS No. 24, Omnibus Statement on Standards for Accounting and Review Services - 2018. Not only will this course bring you up to date on SSARSs requirements and guidance, but more importantly, it will provide you with practical examples and illustrations to help you effectively and efficiently perform these types of engagements. This course is intended to be your go-to reference for training your staff and managing your SSARS Nos. 21-24 services in compliance with professional, ethical and technical requirements.
|Number of Credits||Type of Credits|
Accounting practitioners and their staff performing and managing compilation, preparation and review engagement services
Experience in performing and managing compilation, preparation, and review engagements
- SSARS No. 21, Clarification and Recodification, and updates to SSARS No. 21 due to the issuance of SSARS No. 23, Omnibus Statement on Standards for Accounting and Review Services
- SSARS No. 22, Compilation of Pro Forma Financial Information
- SSARS No. 24, Omnibus Statement on Standards for Accounting and Review Services - 2018
- Sample comprehensive engagement work programs for preparation, compilation and review engagements
- Reporting and disclosure illustrations for each level of service, including attesting on personal financial statements, prescribed form, special purpose framework and other engagement variations
- Other communication requirements, such as sample engagement letters and management representation letters
- Understand, apply SSARS No 21, Clarification and Recodification
- Be familiar with changes to the issuance of SSARS Nos 22, 23, and 24
- Be familiar with compilation and review program examples and disclosure illustrations
- Identify and apply compilation, preparation, and review procedures
- Be aware of the most recent compilation and review reports and other communications
- Utilize hands-on examples and illustrations to increase your overall understanding and application of the material
- Member (Early Bird)
- Non-Member (Early Bird)
Curtis Quickel, CPA, MBA
Curtis Quickel is an individual practitioner in Fayetteville, Arkansas. Before establishing his own practice, he worked several years in industry as a corporate controller.
As a retired Lieutenant Colonel from the U.S. Army Reserves, he taught courses at the U.S. Army Command and General Staff College in Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas. He also completed three combat tours in Iraq, Kuwait, and Afghanistan.
He is a past president of the Central Chapter of the Arkansas Society of CPAs and Past Chairman of the Industry and Commerce Committee. Curt is a past recipient of the Arkansas Society of CPAs Outstanding CPA in Government Award. He has been a Continuing Professional Education discussion leader since 1998.Back to Instructors