Compilations, Reviews, and Preparations: Engagement Performance and AnnualUpdate
215 | Course | Update | Scheduled
Specifically designed for preparation, compilation, and review practitioners and their staff, this course will provide you with a comprehensive review and hands-on application for performing financial statement preparation, compilation, and review engagements. You will learn the ins and outs of SSARS No. 21, Clarification and Recodification. The course will also cover the changes that have occurred with the issuance of SSARS Nos. 22 and 23 with regard to compilation of pro forma financial information engagements, engagements on prospective financial information, as well as in other areas relevant to SSARS No. 21 engagements. Lastly, the course will perform a detailed review of the key provisions of the recently issued SSARS No. 24, Omnibus Statement on Standards for Accounting and Review Services - 2018. Not only will this course bring you up to date on SSARSs requirements and guidance, but more importantly, it will provide you with practical examples and illustrations to help you effectively and efficiently perform these types of engagements. This course is intended to be your go-to reference for training your staff and managing your SSARS Nos. 21-24 services in compliance with professional, ethical, and technical requirements.
|Number of Credits||Type of Credits|
Accounting practitioners and their staff performing and managing compilation, preparation, and review engagement services
Experience in performing and managing compilation, preparation, and review engagements
- SSARS No. 21, Clarification and Recodification, and updates to SSARS No. 21 due to the issuance of SSARS No. 23, Omnibus Statement on Standards for Accounting and Review Services
- SSARS No. 22, Compilation of Pro Forma Financial Information
- SSARS No. 24, Omnibus Statement on Standards for Accounting and Review Services - 2018
- Sample comprehensive engagement work programs for preparation, compilation and review engagements
- Reporting and disclosure illustrations for each level of service, including attesting on personal financial statements, prescribed form, special purpose framework and other engagement variations
- Other communication requirements, such as sample engagement letters and management representation letters
- Understand, apply SSARS No. 21, Clarification and Recodification
- Be familiar with changes to the issuance of SSARS Nos. 22, 23, and 24
- Be familiar with compilation and review program examples and disclosure illustrations
- Identify and apply compilation, preparation, and review procedures
- Be aware of the most recent compilation and review reports and other communications
- Utilize hands-on examples and illustrations to increase your overall understanding and application of the material
- Member (Early Bird)
- Non-Member (Early Bird)
James K. Myers, CPA, CGMA
Jim Myers is a CPA with over 40 years' experience working in CPA firms (Big 8 to small firms), as a CPA firm partner for 15 years, CPA firm chief administrative officer, as a corporate controller, senior vice president and Accounting Department Director for a bank, financial director for a non-profit organization, and bank internal auditor.
Myers is a member of the AICPA, the Tennessee Society of CPAs (TSCPA) and several other local and regional organizations. He has served as Vice-Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, and at-large director of TSCPA, a member of TSCPA Council and as Chairman of the Professional Ethics and the Technology committees. He has been a speaker for continuing education courses for the AICPA, the TSCPA, in-house CPE presentations, the Georgia Society of CPAs, the North Carolina Association of CPAs, the Alabama Society of CPAs, the Colorado Society of CPAs, and the Tennessee Association of Public Accountants. He co-authored the TSCPA ethics training course for Tennessee CPAs.
Myers is a graduate of Carson-Newman College (served on the Alumni Board and on the Business Department Advisory Board) and is the Chairman of Teen Center of Knoxville, Inc.Back to Instructors