Nashville Account Fest: Current Issues in Accounting and Auditing: An Annual Update
308 | TSCPA In Person Events | Update | Scheduled
Designed for accounting and attestation practitioners at all levels in both public accounting and business and industry, this course provides an overview of recent accounting, compilation, preparation, review, and attestation matters including: recently issued Accounting Standards Updates (ASUs); the FASB's comprehensive new Revenue Recognition standard - ASU No. 2014-09; Lease Accounting; Financial Instruments; SSARS No. 21, Clarification and Recodification; current Attestation Matters that need to be on your radar; and other important A&A practice matters you should be aware of.
|Number of Credits||Type of Credits|
|4||Accounting and Auditing|
Experience in accounting and attestation
- Recently issued FASB Accounting Standards Updates
- Revenue recognition
- Financial instruments
- SSARS No. 21, Clarification and Recodification
- Current attestation matters on the radar
- Other important A&A practice matters
- Review recently issued FASB Accounting Standards Updates
- Understand the FASB's comprehensive new revenue recognition standard
- Be familiar with where we stand regarding the FASB's ongoing lease accounting project
- Come up-to-date with matters on the FASB's technical agenda
- Understand SSARS No. 21, Clarification and Recodification
- Be familiar with current attestation matters that need to be on your radar and other important A&A practice matters you should be aware of
- Utilize hands-on examples and illustrations to increase your overall understanding and application of the material
Download course material prior to event.
- Member (Early Bird)
- Non-Member (Early Bird)
Gregory M. Clark, CPA, CGMA
Clark is a principal with the Business Compliance & Controls Group (BCCG), an accounting and consulting firm specializing in technical audit and accounting training and consulting, employee benefit plan audits, compliance and training, internal controls consulting and training, and assessments, technical accounting consulting, and engagement quality control review services.
With more than 35 years of experience in the audit and business compliance field, Clark has participated in all aspects of numerous attest engagements, including plan audit and business risk assessments, plan internal control assessment and design, plan regulatory compliance, financial reporting and quality control assessments, and administration contract compliance. BCCG provides technical accounting and auditing consulting services, continuing professional education services, quality control and effectiveness reviews, and compliance assistance to small businesses and CPA firms performing attest engagements.
Greg is an internationally known speaker on employee benefit plans, technical accounting and auditing, operational auditing and internal controls evaluations, integrated auditing, internal control self-assessment, organizational risk assessments, and various other topics. Greg has worked with accountants and auditors from throughout the world; many Fortune 500 companies; and numerous local, regional, and national CPA firms and small business clients as well as more than 40 state CPA society CPE organizations.Back to Facilitators