TSCPA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Resource Center provides the resources and toolkits CPAs need to create conversation, elicit change and seek opportunities for both personal and professional growth.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
Embracing diversity and practicing inclusion is critical to sustaining the success of our organization and the future of the CPA profession. Creating an organization that is reflective of the communities we serve – different people, different cultures and different perspectives – better positions the Society to solve challenging and complex issues. TSCPA is committed to not only promoting diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) in its membership, leadership, staff, and business relationships but also weaving these standards into everything we do. Learn more >
Whether you are looking to partner with an organization to build a joint initiative or explore courses and training for you and your team, this center will help you learn, grow and expand your knowledge to successfully create a more diverse and inclusive workplace.
Have a resource you want to share? Contact TSCPA to offer your expertise.
- Upcoming events
- On Demand: Conflicts to Opportunity #OL470
- New DEI Events Coming Spring 2022
- Review our collection of articles
- Diversifying U.S. Accounting Talent: A Critical Imperative to Achieve Transformational Outcomes
- Increasing Diversity in the Accounting Profession Pipeline: Challenges and Opportunities
- The Past, Present and Future of Black CPAs by Cassandra Morrison
- Attracting Underrepresented Minorites to the Accounting Profession: Insights Into Diversifying the Talent Pipeline
- Hear from Jesse Turner, Jr., the son of Tennessee's first black CPA:
- Other DEI resources
- AICPA Accounting Inclusion Maturity Model Assessment
- The Accounting Inclusion Maturity Model Assessment is open to anyone to use, but you will need to create a free account. Learn more at https://www.aicpainclusion.com/default.aspx
- CEO ACT!ON for Diversity & Inclusion™ CEO Pledge
- CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ aims to rally the business community to advance diversity and inclusion within the workplace. The CEO pledge outlines a specific set of actions the signatory CEOs will take to cultivate a trusting environment where all ideas are welcomed, and employees feel comfortable and empowered to have discussions about diversity and inclusion. Learn more at https://www.ceoaction.com/pledge/ceo-pledge/
- Through education and action from policymakers, academia, the media, stakeholders, and the public company audit profession itself, Bold Ambition is paving the way for our collective vision of diversity and inclusion to drive better business outcomes. One initiative, Accounting+, recognizes the gap in African American, Black, and Hispanic accounting students and professionals. Accounting+ serves as a resource to educate, encourage, and facilitate the adoption of accounting as a career path. Learn more at https://www.boldambition.org/
- Student Programs & Initiatives
- TSCPA Scholarships
TSCPA’s Scholarship Program offers awards specific to HBCUs in Tennessee. Scholarships range from $500 to $25,000 annually.
- AICPA Scholarship Search
AICPA awards scholarships specific to minority accounting students and fellowships for minority doctoral students who demonstrate significant potential to become accounting educators.
- NABA Accounting Career Awareness Program (ACAP)
ACAP seeks to build awareness among high school students from underrepresented ethnic groups of accounting and business career opportunities.
- NABA National Scholarship Program
NABA offers 40-70 national scholarships annually ranging from $1,000 to $10,000.
- ALPFA Scholarship Fund
ALPFA and the Hispanic Scholarship Fund have partnered to provide financial resources to assist outstanding Latino students. Scholarships range from $1,500 to $10,000.