Knoxville Account Fest: Individual Income Tax Update
432 | Course | Update | Scheduled
This highly informative course will bring you up-to-speed on the latest in individual tax law developments and the corresponding or responsive planning opportunities available to your clients. You will come away from the course ready to educate your individual tax clients and implement tax-savings ideas that will serve their ever-evolving needs. Continually updated to reflect enacted legislation.
|Number of Credits||Type of Credits|
All tax practitioners, both those working in public accounting as well as those in private industry, who need the latest information on tax changes affecting their individual clients
Experience in individual tax planning
- Timely coverage of breaking tax legislation
- Donor Advised Funds
- Form 7203, S Corporation Shareholder Stock and Debt Basis Limitations
- Residency and domicile
- Selling a principal residence, including tax planning strategies
- The SECURE Act 2022 Proposed Regulations
- Advanced practice, reporting, and other issues intertwined with advanced planning and discussion ideas
- Employee vs. Independent Contractor classification considerations
- Coverage of the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022
- Understand strategies and tactics to use in light of new legislation
- Understand how to nail down valuable deductions and other reductions to the tax base
- Member (Early Bird)
- Non-Member (Early Bird)
Michael A. Frost, CPA
Mike Frost, CPA, of Jacksonville, Alabama, provides tax consulting, continuing education, and motivational speaking services through his company, Mike Frost Enterprises. Mike is a former shareholder of MDA Professional Group, PC, where he managed the tax department of the Albertville office.
Mike has 31 years of experience in public accounting, including but not limited to: Business and individual income tax preparation and planning; mergers and acquisitions; estate, gift, and trust tax preparation; small business consulting; Medicare planning and other elder care; audit representation; and religious groups and clergy. Mike has conducted CPE engagements and seminars throughout the United States and has served as technical advisor for tax articles in The Sand Mountain Reporter, a local newspaper. Mike has been a featured presenter at the Alabama Society of CPAs Annual Meeting and the Federal Tax Clinic held annually at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa.
Mike graduated with "high honors and distinction" from Jacksonville State University with a major in accounting, a minor in finance, and a 4.0 GPA. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants. In addition, he is a graduate of the Tax Planning and Advising for Closely Held Businesses Certificate of Educational Achievement Program sponsored by the AICPA.Back to Instructors