Annual Update for Controllers
286 | TSCPA In Person Events | Update | Scheduled
Strengthen your abilities as a controller and help your management team understand current economic issues through the latest trends in accounting, finance, human resources, treasury management, and business systems. In this course you will discuss leading-edge topics in managerial accounting and finance in a session that is packed with useful tips and practical guidance that you can apply immediately.
|Number of Credits||Type of Credits|
|8||Accounting and Auditing|
Management experience in accounting, finance, or operations
- Leading-edge financial management tools and techniques
- Excel tips and techniques
- Human resource trends, ethics, generational differences, and emotional intelligence
- New issues in treasury management and controllership
- Current trends in information systems and technology
- Current trends in leading and developing staff to increase productivity and profitability
- Pareto's 80/20 rule Big Data and Analytics
- Identify current issues that impact the financial stability of your organization.
- Determine major trends in accounting, corporate finance, treasury management, and business systems.
- Recall key points of the 80/20 rule and understand its application
- Identify best practices to manage working capital.
- Use new tools for business planning, forecasting, budgeting, and reporting.
Download course material prior to event.
- Member (Early Bird)
- Non-Member (Early Bird)
Curtis Quickel, CPA, MBA
Curtis is an individual practitioner in Little Rock, Arkansas. Before establishing his own practice, he worked several years in industry as a Corporate Controller. As a retired Lieutenant Colonel from the US Army Reserves, he taught at the US Army Command and General Staff College in Ft Leavenworth, KS. He also completed three combat tours in Iraq, Kuwait and Afghanistan. He is a Past President of the Central Chapter of the Arkansas Society of CPAs and Past Chairman of the Industry and Commerce Committee. Curt is a past recipient of the Arkansas Society of CPAs Outstanding CPA in Government Award. Curt has been a Continuing Professional Education Discussion Leader since 1998.Back to Facilitators