TSCPA Update: COVID-19
Circumstances surrounding COVID-19 concerns have resulted in an unprecedented situation that requires many of us to adjust our normal practices. Here is what TSCPA is doing to continue delivering service and support to our members.
TSCPA Events & Chapter Meetings
Out of an abundance of caution, all committee and chapter meetings scheduled through March 31 have been canceled. Our team is working with Society leaders and facilities to review all possibilities for upcoming CPE seminars and conferences. In order to accommodate members, we are discussing alternatives for those who do not wish to attend in-person programs. If you have any questions about TSCPA events, email email@example.com or call 615-377-3825.
Tax Filing Extensions
President Trump and AICPA have both called for the Treasury Department and the IRS to provide relief to all taxpayers in light of the uncertainty and challenges caused by the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. We will continue to monitor this and post any updates to our COVID-19 Resource Page at tscpa.com/covid19.
On Demand CPE: Coronavirus – How to Prepare Your Business, Employees and Customers
A free On Demand video titled, “Coronavirus – How to Prepare Your Business Employees and Customers” is now available via the TSCPA website (CPE credit: 1.5 hrs.). Jennifer Elder, owner/CEO of The Sustainable CFO, leads this free webcast, which will cover general considerations such as communication; disaster plan/recovery and business continuity plan; containing problems if they occur; developing checklists/documents; considerations for employees, vendors, customers, operations and finance; and potential legal responsibilities. Register here >
- TSCPA has restricted non-essential staff business travel to help prevent exposure.
- To protect the health and well-being of staff, members and visitors in our Brentwood office, TSCPA will be operating primarily on a virtual basis beginning Monday, March 16, until the COVID-19 concerns diminish. Rest assured, we are not suspending or closing operations. We will continue to conduct business on a remote basis as much as possible through the end of the month.
Here are additional ways you can get information about what’s going on at TSCPA:
- Website: www.tscpa.com
- TSCPA COVID-19 Resources: www.tscpa.com/covid19
- TSCPA News: www.tscpa.com/news/articles
- Contact Us Directly: firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-377-3825
Thank you for your continued understanding and support as we all try to navigate this rapidly changing situation.
Brad Floyd, CAE
TSCPA President & CEO